CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Meeting the neighbors

When you move to a new neighborhood, you never know who your neighbors will be. I remember [waaaay back] when I was a kid, moving meant your neighbors brought over cooked dishes and introduced themselves. The apartment I lived at for the past year was nothing like that. I never did meet my neighbors from anywhere around me.

Well, fast forward to our new home. The first day I went over and met our neighbors a few doors down. It turns out the neighbors consist of a 60-ish widowed woman, and two men in their mid-40's. I introduced myself and quickly figured out the guys are living an alternative lifestyle. I have never felt comfortable hanging out with 'them', but these neighbors are really fun to hang around.

I feel like God is trying to open my eyes to see everyone as a somebody rather than stereotyping and shutting people out. After spending some time with them, I just feel like I need to share His love. I don't agree with their choices, but I'm still called to love them as people. Who knows what God may do through me!

1 comments:

bryan vickery said...

Good posts. I enjoy reading your blog. Very genuine. (and it's good to know there are other country fans out there)