You'll have to forgive me if this is a bit weak. I've never blogged before. This blog was started as a way of keeping track of my growth as a Christian, a husband, and a man.
I've been a Christ-follower (Thanks PK!) for most of my life...or at least a professed Christ-follower. I grew up in the church, and got baptized when I was 10. I had several close friends who were members of another local church, and ended up joining the youth group with them in middle school. I stayed in that group until I graduated in 2000. It was great, I felt God's presence many times, and I learned a lot about life and Christianity during those years.
When I got to college, I occasionally attended Bible studies and went to Campus Crusade. I never got overly involved in CC when I was at BSU, but didn't stay there long anyway. I was at BSU for 3 semesters, and didn't do very well when I was there. I decided to join the Indiana Army National Guard to pay for my own schooling (my parents didn't need to pay for my lack of worth ethic, so I joined the Guard). I dropped out of school for the next semester so I could attend basic training--or so I thought. I ended up not going to basic that semester, and got a job. I changed jobs a few times over the next 3 years, and FINALLY made it to basic training 33 months after joining the Guard. It was a big mess, and I ended up getting hurt during training and opted to get out of the military in 2005. From 2000 through 2005, I didn't really have much in the way of direction or drive to do anything.
In 2005, I decided to go back to school and do something with my life. I started at Ivy Tech and was working on a degree in electronics. I found a full time job (which I still have), and started taking classes. I made the dean's list the first time ever, and did well in school.
I was attending church but not being fed spiritually, but I figured that going to church was better than sleeping in.
In September 2006, my wife and I started dating. We had known each other for the better part of a decade, but had never been close. Soon after started attending a new church together in Farmland, IN. I started to grow in my faith, though it was difficult. After dating for three months, I asked Casey to marry me on Christmas eve 2006 with the blessing of her father. We got married at Farmland Friends Church in July 2007. The last 9 months have been difficult with school, work, and a new marriage, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
If you want to know any more, you'll have to check my other blogs!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
My first blog...and a bit about me
Posted by Eric at 8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment