In our wedding vows, it says "for better or worse". The last few days since Casey's surger, I've been helping take care of Casey. I know Casey is trying hard to do what she can for herself, but there's not a whole lot she can do right now.
When I took those vows, I wasn't thinking about this kind of situation (I'd imagine, most people probably do the same). I get calls 2-3 times an hour (during waking hours) to get a drink, to add a pillow, or numerous other things.
This is all time consuming, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Would I like to do it forever and ever? Well no. If it were necessary, would I do it? Absolutely, and I would be thankful every day. I'm thankful for this opportunity God has given me to do for more than just myself. I feel better because it takes my focus off of me.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Or worse...
Posted by Eric at 10:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is the kind of commitment that is so lacking in our culture today. Good job!
When I thought of worse, I thought addictions, unemployment, mid life crisis, I didn't think of taking care of him if he was unable to do so. I guess I just knew if I needed to then I would. After all marriage is a covenant not a contract. Good job stepping up to the plate and taking care of your wife with a happy heart.
Post a Comment