Have you ever had a pedal powered headlight for your bike? If so, you'll remember that the faster you pedal, the brighter the light--and when you stop you get about .5 seconds of light before its totally out. This is what people have when they try to live their life for themselves, and rely on their own power.
This week has been all about the power of God. Apparently I found the power outlet connected to a nuclear power station. I thought I was doing fine with my little bike-powered light...now I'm being given sight and the Son's light.
On Monday, I had my prof tell me that I should come talk to him about a job if I don't have one by June or July. Today, I was working at a local school with their IT guy. He asked me if I had ever thought of working for myself, I said I had but didn't have the means to do so. He replied that he owned his own company and that he would like to get together with me if I was interested in working in the IT field.
I've never had someone approach me about a job before, and since giving up the reigns in my life I had two different people ask me. I don't begin to believe in coincidence, therefore I must give praise to my God. I may not end up with either job, but my confidence has grown so much from these circumstances. May God be glorified by whatever choice he leads me to make.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Plug into the power
Posted by Eric at 8:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"I may nt end up with either job, but my confidence has grown so much from these circumstances. May God be glorified by whatever choice he leads me to make."
This is encouraging to hear. Thanks for reminding us about what's really important (especially in the midst of such a big decision). What a great witness for God!
Eric,
That's great news! What an encouraging week for you.
Post a Comment